In this guide, we’ll be building a central repository of our Human resources articles, tools, and templates.
Let’s start with some basics.
What is Human Resources
Human Resources (or human resource management) is a term that’s used to describe the department (and the people who work within it) who are responsible for managing the activities and resources relating to employees within an organization.
This usually involves lots of processes such as:
- Recruiting people
- Firing people
- Creating development strategies
- Staff evaluation
- Performance Management
- Industrial relations
These processes only scratch the surface; the role of a modern HR function can be vast.
In this guide, we’ll endeavor to go into some of the models, theories, tools, and techniques that make a modern HR function efficient and effective.
Make sure you check back often; we’ll be adding to this section in the coming weeks/months.
Human Resources Models & Theories
- French and Raven 5 forms of power
- Human Resources Functions
- Organizational Behavior
- HR Value Chain
- Adams Equity Theory
- Cross Functional Team Leadership
- Human Resources Career path
Human Resources Tools & Processes
- New hire orientation
- Competency Mapping
- Relationship Building Skills
- Relationship Building Process
- Building Professional Relationships
- Recruitment vs Selection
- Performance Management Cycle
- Causes of Employee Turnover
- Grievance Procedure Steps
- Progressive Discipline
- 35 Employee Engagement ideas
- How to do a personal SWOT analysis